JS helps in increasing user engagement on a web page through special effects. It is also used to create web applications across platforms. For example, when you click on any location on Google Maps, an expanded version of that location opens on the map. A lot of other web applications that are prominent in the market today are coded in JS. Set – learn how to use the Set type that holds a collection of unique values. Callback functions – introduce you to the callback functions and learn how to use the callbacks to handle asynchronous operations. Object Methods – introduce you to the methods of an object.
These courses were designed by experts with real-world practice. You can also earn certificates, but you have to get the PRO version of Sololearn for that [ $12/mo ].
- It is one of the most exceptional communities and learning websites for developers.
- Initially, this language was created for making web pages alive.
- It is a comprehensive guide that has divided the entire tutorial into several chapters.
- Function type – introduce you to the Function type and its properties and methods.
- While Reed teaches the language from the bottom up, it will help you if you have poked around with the language a bit, so that everything isn’t totally new for you.
A lot of visual effects and design of games are created using JS. The programming language helps in creating animations via easing . For…of – learn how to use the for…of loop to iterate over elements of an iterable object. For…in loop – learn how to iterate over properties of an object using the for…in loop. If…else – learn how to execute a block of code based on a specified condition.
It’s easy to set up your own DEV account and start writing, along with thousands of other developers. Mozilla Developer Network or MDN is more like documentation that developers can read and learn from.